It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Really Reeling

Just when you think you have it all together, life throws you a curve ball. Today, my daycare woman told me that she will be closing in two weeks. She recently opened a second center outside of her house, and she needs to attend more closely to that. It was not her intention to close her in-home center. It just worked out that way. I'm not upset with her. I'm just so increadibly disappointed because she has provided Hailey with such excellent care in a mixed age environment. I know that I will not find that anywhere else. I've been calling places all day and just getting more and more discouraged. It's amazing how this little stumbling block makes me rethink everything. All of the decisions that I've made in the past about working and daycare and everything are suddenly back on the table again. And, we all know how I love to make life altering decisions! Well, I need to pull myself together so that I can try to make it through the rest of the day without sobbing.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:05 AM , Anonymous Peter P said...

    Nothing is easy...especially when you're juggling home, career, AND child-rearing. This is just another speed bump to remind you of that fact. Something will turn up and, years from now, when Hailey is away at college, you'll look back and long for the days when your world was sooooooo wrapped up in that little life. I have faith in you. You'll figure it out...you always have.

    Love,
    Dad

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Anonymous jbvenezia said...

    As usual, your Dad is right. Something will turn up that may be even better. Once you subscribe to the Buddhist philosopy that everything happens for a reason to allow you to end up just where you need to be, life is so much less stressful. Of course, I'm not the one making the phone calls and trying to set up another Day Care situation so it's easy to be philosophical. You know, if you'd move to Buffalo, you'd have plenty of retired people to take care of that sweet little baby :-))
    Hang in there, kiddo. Everything will be fine.
    Love you,
    Aunt Joan

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home