It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Another Baby, Already?!?!?

Ha! Made you look!!! No, we're not pregnant, but I have been thinking about it a lot lately. Maybe it's because Hailey's getting close to a year old so more and more people are hinting that it's about time for us to have another one. A few months ago, I was really into the idea, but I've since come to my senses. So, here are the top 10 reasons why I'm not ready to have another child:

10) I've only been able to fit into my pre-baby clothes for a few months and I'm liking this thin thing.
9) I just stopped breastfeeding about a month ago which means that I just now actually got my body back
8) Hailey's toys have already taken over the house. I can't imagine having to pull out more infant toys again.
7) Hailey sleeps through the night. A new infant wouldn't.
6) Although I wouldn't do it any differently the second time, natural childbirth is a bit tough and not something I would look forward to right away.

5) I haven't found a midwife that I like in Atlanta.

4) We are just getting settled into our new life here, and a new baby would certainly complicate things.
3) I just started my new job and maternity leave is not something I'd like to bring up at the moment
2) We can't afford it. Daycare is expensive, and I can't imagine paying for two.

1.5) I'm really looking forward to going through the pregnancy/childbirth process again (I'm one of those weirdos that enjoys it), but this time I'll know for sure that it will probably be my last time. So, I want to be able to savor it.
1) I just got good at being a Mommy to one, and I've heard that one plus one does not equal two when it comes to children!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 AM , Anonymous peter said...

    OK, all together now:

    Whewwwwwww! That was a close one! Although I can't wait for number two, let's take a moment to savor number one! When you're ready, you'll know. And the rest of us will be ready whenever you are. You know, there's no such thing as too many grandchildren!!

    Love,
    Dad

     
  • At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Alisa Hamilton said...

    That's funny because I'm pretty sure that there is such a thing as too many children, and I'm sad whenever I see families that crossed that line about 6-7 children ago.

     
  • At 7:21 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    Well, I think you'll know when it's time. For me, Melissa and Joe are 27 months apart, so I got pregnant when Mel was 18 months old. When Joey came, Melissa was out of diapers and pretty independent (able to dress, eat...) Some people like to wait longer, but I couldn't imagine having to get back into the baby thing after you're out of it for a while. 2 works - and I was blessed with one of each so I lucked out.

    I don't know how those people with 5+ kids do it today! Imagine the college bill! I was watching this TV show with this family that has 12 and are expecting another one. It doesn't seem fair when there are so many good couples who can't have any.

    And your #10 doesn't count! You were a great Mom from the day you found out you were pregnant!

     
  • At 8:47 AM , Anonymous Nancy said...

    Boy! That's a sure way to get everyone's attention!
    I certainly understand what you're saying about people having babies for the sake of having babies~cuz it's one thing to have them and quite another to raise them successfully!! However, the other side to that is, "children are a BLESSING from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a REWARD...happy is the man who has his quiver FULL of them." I know for Gary and I, we still sometimes wish we'd had one or two more...they get too big to cuddle when their 24 years old!! :)

     
  • At 6:59 AM , Anonymous Grandma Mary said...

    Congratulations Alisa - that was a really well-crafted "Gotcha"!

    All your reasons are good ones, and you guys will know when the right time arrives for little H-2.

    As Pete said, we'll be ready when you are!

     
  • At 6:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mom said
    You are a natural Mom and you do a great job with Hailey. We all look forward to more grandchildren but we also want to enjoy and spoil Hailey for a while. Its been so uch fun and she is such a happy beautiful baby.
    Love,
    Mom

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home