It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Miss Independence

How appropriate that Hailey choose Independence Day to assert a little independence of her own. Yesterday was the first day that she made a regular practice of standing all by herself. It wasn’t just that she would let go of my hand when she was standing. It was an actual “I’m going to pull myself up and stand without holding on,” and she did it over and over again. I’m afraid that her crawling days are numbered. I can’t believe that I’m going to be chasing a toddler around soon!

We also went to our new community pool for the first time yesterday. Her first swimming adventure started out with lots of crying and clinging to Mommy, but eventually she warmed up to it. In fact, by the end I was able to put her in her little floaty boat and pull her around the water. She thought that was very cool.

New words for the week: hat, up, and doggy.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM , Anonymous ann said...

    It would be great to see pictures of her first swimming adventure! I still remember watching you swim with your mom when you were younger than Hailey. I was so nervous when she put you underwater. But you loved it!

     
  • At 9:23 AM , Anonymous Luke said...

    not only do we have pictures but we even have video we can share! I'll post up some stuff this weekend.

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Anonymous peter said...

    We'll all look forward to that!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home