It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Friday, November 14, 2008

Hungry Hungry Hippo

Does anyone else remember that game? You would drop marbles onto the board and then control a little hippo head to try to eat up all of the marbles. If you tipped the board at all towards your hippo, all of the marbles would go sliding right towards its head. Well, that’s kind of how I feel at every meal these days. It’s almost like the table is tipped to my side and all of the food is sliding off into my mouth.



For the first 3-4 months of pregnancy, I really ate almost exactly like I did before I was pregnant. Then, all of a sudden in the past 3 weeks my appetite has come alive. I will get to the point in a meal where I’ll look down at my plate and think, based on past experience, that I should stop, but in reality that’s when I’m about half way finished. I pack lunches that used to fill me up and find that an hour later I need a snack. It’s ridiculous. I’m like a walking eating machine. I’m so afraid to weigh myself at home that I just pretend we have no scales. I’m going to go to the doctor next week and find that I’ve gained 25 lbs in a month!



I guess I should have accompanied this blog with a picture of my ever-expanding belly. Maybe I'll post one later for your entertainment.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:20 PM , Anonymous katie said...

    Looking forward to it! And not to discourage you, but my appetite actually increased after the baby came. Its amazing how nursing a baby and chasing a toddler can make a mama ravenous.

     
  • At 11:31 AM , Anonymous peter said...

    As I'm sure Luke would agree, my beautiful daughter is far from a "hippo." And, in my mind, the larger her baby bump gets, the lovelier she becomes. Right, Luke? (Now, the pressure is really on!)

    Love,
    Dad/Grandpa Pete

     
  • At 6:45 AM , Anonymous ann said...

    Please! I don't want to hear this, Ms. Size 2! (or is it a 4) My heart bleeds for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home