It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Voting Saga



First some background... Lines to vote early in ga have been running 4-6 hours. That's not the oversensationalized news reports. That's actual people we know who voted. So, in my boy-scout like way, I decided that we were going to be prepared this election day. Polls opened at 7am. I planned to get there, Hailey and Luke in tow, by 6
am with all of the equipment necessary to stand outside for the long haul. So, we go running up to the polling station with a stroller, camping chairs, blankets, breakfast, a bag of stuff for hailey and of course our IDs at 6:15am. A line has already formed but no worries... We are prepared. They pass out numbers at about 6:20 and we are numbers 97 & 98. About ten minutes later, they take 100 of us down to the game room of the rec center where they turn on Ratatouille (the movie) for us to watch. Of course, this is a wonderful surprise, but now Luke and I are the only goofballs carrying all of the aforementioned crap all over the rec center. The whole thing was so funny and such a clear indictment of my Type A personality. We ended up voting at about 7:30am. No problems. I let Hailey push the button which is illegal, but it didn't actually work when she pushed it so I did it myself...legally. Anyway, that's our voting story. We had a good time at an election party last night, and feel refreshed at the outcome.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM , Anonymous peter said...

    That's my daughter! It's exactly what I would have done...and more. Wish I could have been a fly on the wall during the movie, or when you were explaining to Hailey just exactly what she was doing there. I never stop being proud!

    Love,
    Dad/Grandpa Pete

     
  • At 3:16 PM , Anonymous Tinkerbelle's Nanna said...

    I have been understandably eager to see what words of wisdom Hailey had to offer on the night of this most historic election, but alas - it has failed to play each & every time I've clicked on it.

    To prevent this little one's precient insight from slipping unnoticed into eternal cyberspace, could her parents resend the video?

    Thanks ever so much,
    Nanna

     
  • At 10:22 AM , Anonymous ann said...

    She's amazing...thanks largely to her wonderful parents. You're a great mother. Never doubt yourself. Although you could ease up on the Food Nazi thing.

    I miss you all so much. I'm already planning my next visit, probably in time for baby #2! Tell Luke, next visit I'll make his macadamia cookies.
    Love, Aunt Ann

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home