It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Excuses, Excuses

Every day now, I try to evaluate just how ready I am to have this baby on that particular day. Most days so far I’ve been able to come up with excuses for why Sophia should hold off a little longer. I’ve used all of the following:

  • Mom isn’t in town yet,

  • Hailey’s sick,

  • I didn’t sleep well the night before,

  • My bag isn’t packed,

  • Luke has an important meeting at work,
  • The weather is too nice to be inside a hospital,

  • I have half a carton of ice cream in the fridge that I need to eat first,

  • My friend is getting married next Saturday, etc.

Here’s the problem…I’m running out of excuses. In fact, all of the above have been remedied except the last two. I’m going to the doctor today. My due date is tomorrow. This baby is coming at some point in the very near future, and I’m getting a little nervous. Now that I’ve been through natural childbirth once, it’s a lot harder to be excited about it. So, I better start psyching myself up because it won’t be long now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home