It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Thursday, April 02, 2009

I Survived

Hailey came home from school with pink eye on Tuesday. Of course, she couldn't go to school on Wednesday or Thursday, which meant that I had both girls at home with me for two days. I have to say that it was a fairly eventful two days even though we didn't actually do much. Here's everything that we survived together...

  • 2 Severe thunderstorms
  • 1 Trip to the doctor
  • 1 Sophia poop explosion in the middle of CVS
  • 1 Sophia melt down in the middle of CVS
  • 3 sets of eye drops every day
  • 1 Bout of pink eye for Hailey
  • 1 Bout of pink eye for Mama
  • 1 Josie bite to Hailey's forehead (not severe)
  • 2 Baths - one for Hailey/one for Sophia
  • 1 Timeout

It doesn't sound like much, but this stay at home Mommy stuff is really hard. By the end of today, I was pretty desperate for Luke to come home. I think that it would have been better if the weather had been nicer today so that I could have taken the girls out somewhere. However, the rain was pretty bad, and I don't quite have the 2-kid-confidence yet to venture out under those conditions. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:08 PM , Anonymous peter said...

    You know, I obviously can't say if it's true of not, but I've heard it said that the difficulty of raising two is more like four times the difficulty than twice the difficulty. I think both you and Luke will just learn, make your adjustments, then flow right in to the new procedures for survival. Suddenly, it'll all seem as natural as the adjustment from a happy couple to a family of three.

    Love,
    Dad/Grandpa Pete

     
  • At 3:58 AM , Anonymous ann said...

    Pete - what kind of math is that?!
    Yes, it is incredibly difficult. Survive a Buffalo winter with 2 and then we'll talk.

    You'll get the hang of it. I have all the faith in the world in you. I think about when your mom nd I were young and we'd go camping with our Aunt Millie's family. 7 kids total, 2 moms in a very small trailing with no dads during the week. I can't even imagine!

    Love you all!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home