It's Mommy Time

One Mommy, Two Daughters, Zero Time

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Respect the Mommies




Being at home with two girls for even a few days over the past few weeks gives me an all new respect for stay-at-home Moms. I've always thought that being a stay-at-home Mom would be more difficult for me than being a working Mom. I've said repeatedly that working makes me a better Mom, and I truly believe that. I guess I never realized just how much harder staying at home was. I'm honestly getting the hang of it now. I've been able to take the girls on multiple outings all by myself. I've also learned to multitask with them so that I can feed Sophia and entertain Hailey at the same time. I've got a decent rhythm going. Still, it's exhausting. If stay-at-home Moms were fairies, they would be patience talent fairies (a rare talent, indeed). Yes, I've been watching a lot of the Tinkerbell movie, and you would get the reference if you live with a 2-year-old. Anyway, I wonder what my fairy talent would be? Disillusioned fairy? Impatience fairy? No...has to be Moo Cow Fairy.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:06 AM , Anonymous peter said...

    Ha! I knew you'd figure it out quickly. Remember what I've always said: "there's always a system"!

    Love Dad/Grandpa Pete

     
  • At 6:56 AM , Anonymous ann said...

    There was no doubt in my mind! Your fairie is the wonderful mother fairie!

    Is that red I see in Princess Sophia's hair?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home